Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Meds Must Be Dulling My Senses

I've been fighting with allergies/flu/cold/whatever for a while now. I have to say at one point I thought I might be a loosing battle. In the process I think I left my brain behind.

I made the mistake of answering phone today. Family guilt was waiting for me on the other side. The smart thing to do would have been to fake a coughing fit and hang up. Instead, I talked.

I come from a long line of collectors. My family saves everything. Saves any and all items as 'you will never know when you need it'. I've been trying to break that cycle for years.

I admitted that I'm purging my house. I am going through everything, room by room. Closet by closet. I want the crap gone. One of the things I'm seriously thinking of selling is our wedding china. We haven't used it in years. I'm really not interested in putting it in my cupboards and taking up space that can be available for items that I actually use. It's also not like I would bring it out for parties. The pattern is discontinued and hubby and I do not have any interest in hunting stray pieces down. Why hold on to it?

Crap, did I say that out loud, again? I was told several reasons why I should hold onto it and a few more, I knew, but were left unsaid. Will it stop me from actually selling it? Highly unlikely. Just means there is going to be a new mountain of guilt being shoveled my way.

Well since I've been in the habit of pissing people off...might as well make some money at it.

No comments: